Grants for Title I Schools
Longwood Gardens is furthering its educational mission by offering School Grants for Title I Schools.
The grants are available to schools groups participating in the K-8 and High School curriculum-based programs. Grants will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis to those groups that have 30% or more of the student population qualifying for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program.
Aid can cover:
- Student’s admission fees of $7.00 per student and the admission fee for 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students
- Reimbursement of total school bus transportation costs (Only available for schools with 50% or greater students in need)
School must provide:
- A completed application for the Title I Grant
- Letter on school letterhead from the school's administration stating the percent of students in need
- Price quote from the transportation company used by his/her school (only required for qualifying schools)
Schools receiving the grant can schedule their program September 1–November 13 and February 2–April 15. School grant money is not available from April 18 to the end of the school year. Since funds are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, you are encouraged to request aid as soon as possible. A school may only apply for the grant one time each school year. If you have questions, please contact:
Coordinator of School & Youth Programs, Lori Trexler