Tips for Conducting Library Research
Here are some tips to get you started on researching a topic in the library.
Search databases for articles and other information pertaining to your topic:
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- BioOne Complete (in-library use only)
- Gale Gardening, Landscape and Horticulture (in-library use only)
- Google Scholar
- JSTOR (in-library use only)
- Plant Disease (in-library use only)
- Plant Information Online
Once you have citations for specific articles, check the Library Catalog to see if we subscribe to the journals that contain the articles.
Look at bibliographies listed at the end of the books and articles you've found for sources the author used.
Use the Reference Collection for basic encyclopedic information as well as indices.
Use our Collection Guides (select subjects):
Find valid subject-related websites.