Longwood Gardens encourages its guests to take casual photographs and videos of their visit for their own personal use. However, personal photographs and videos may not be used for commercial purposes. Additional restrictions may apply for performances (announcements will be made prior to each show).
All photographers/videographers must purchase general admission to the Gardens or be active Members.
Photography sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of Longwood's other guests.
All professional photographers must sign a permission form indicating that any photographs or video/film footage taken at Longwood will not be used for promoting commercial products or services. (Please note that Longwood will not sign general releases giving blanket permission for stock agencies to use photos taken at Longwood.)
- All photography is at the discretion of Longwood Gardens.
- Product photography is not permitted.
- Portfolio photography for aspiring photographers and models is not permitted.
- Changing of clothing or photography of bathing suits or lingerie is not permitted.
- Commercial filming and photography are permitted by appointment at the discretion of the Gardens. Location fees and insurance are required, and certain restrictions may apply. For information about commercial photography and filming, call 610-388-5442.
- During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by a Garden employee or contract photographer. Your attendance serves as permission for the use of your image by the Garden and its constituents.
- Monopod/ tripod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is permitted in the Conservatory and the Peirce-du Pont House from 9:00 am–12:00 pm daily.
- Monopod/tripod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is not permitted in the Indoor Children's Garden at any time.
- Monopod/tripod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is permitted outside in the Gardens any time with the exception of specially ticketed events (Fireworks, Concerts, etc.) and at the discretion of the Manager on Duty.
- Hand-held easels (without legs) for drawing and painting are permitted any time.
- Photography, painting or drawing sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests.
- Tripod use is limited to garden photography. Use of tripods for individual or family portraits, product photography, or portfolio photography for aspiring photographers is not permitted.
- All photographers and artists must purchase general admission tickets or be active Members.
- Photography, painting or drawing sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests or create any safety concerns. Hand-held easels (without legs) for drawing or painting are also permitted any time. Portable chairs and equipment carts are not permitted.
It is not necessary to inform Longwood of your plans in advance; simply purchase your admission ticket upon arrival and proceed to the Information Desk in the Visitor Center where you will fill out a permission form and receive a tripod or easel tag.