You are here
Longwood Gardens encourages its guests to take casual photographs and videos of their visit for their own personal use. However, personal photographs and videos may not be used for commercial purposes. Additional restrictions may apply for performances (announcements will be made prior to each show).
All professional photographers must sign a permission form indicating that any photographs or video/film footage taken at Longwood will not be used for promoting commercial products or services. (Please note that Longwood will not sign general releases giving blanket permission for stock agencies to use photos taken at Longwood.)
- All photography is at the discretion of Longwood Gardens.
- All photographers, videographers, and artists must purchase general admission tickets or be active Members.
- Photography sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of Longwood's other guests.
- As a courtesy to all guests, flash photography after dark is not permitted.
- The use of props or signs is not permitted.
- Product photography is not permitted.
- Portfolio photography for aspiring photographers and models is not permitted.
- Changing of clothing or photography of bathing suits or lingerie is not permitted.
- Commercial filming and photography are permitted by appointment at the discretion of the Gardens. Location fees and insurance are required, and certain restrictions may apply. For information about commercial photography and filming, call 610-388-5442.
- During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by a Garden employee or contract photographer. Your attendance serves as permission for the use of your image by the Garden and its constituents.
It is not necessary to inform Longwood of your plans in advance; simply purchase your admission ticket upon arrival and proceed to the Guest Services Desk in the Visitor Center where you will fill out a permission form and receive a tripod or easel tag.
- Tripod/monopod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is permitted in the Conservatory and the Peirce-du Pont House from 9:00 am–12:00 pm daily.
- Tripod/monopod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is not permitted in the Indoor Children's Garden at any time.
- Tripod/monopod/easel use is permitted in the Waterlily area.
- Tripod/monopod/easel use by amateur photographers and artists is permitted outside in the Gardens any time at the discretion of Longwood Gardens, with the exception of high volume days or specially ticketed events such as the Christmas display season and Fireworks & Fountains shows.
- Photography, painting or drawing sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests or create any safety concerns.
- Tripod use is limited to garden photography. Use of tripods for individual or family portraits, product photography, or portfolio photography for aspiring photographers and models is not permitted.
- Hand-held easels (without legs) for drawing and painting are permitted any time. Portable chairs and equipment carts are not permitted.
See additional guidelines for Wedding Photography.