site site.xsl LongwoodGardens
section nav_section.xsl section_Learning
page pg_standard.xsl Library_History
The Longwood Gardens Library was originally founded in 1953 to house founder Pierre S. du Pont’s collection of horticultural, botanical, and related works. The library has since grown into a working collection of approximately 31,000 volumes of books and serials, including special collections.
The Library supports learning activities and serves as an information resource to staff, students, and visitors garden-wide.
The Longwood Gardens Archives Pierre du Pont began the archives during his lifetime, retaining his papers which are currently housed at the Hagley Museum and Library (www.hagley.org/library/.) Longwood's archives currently hold institutional records from the time of Mr. du Pont's death in 1954 to current day.
We are a member of CBHL - The Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries. We encourage you to visit their website: www.cbhl.net
element callout2.xsl Summer_Camps
The Gardens are the perfect place to expand young guests' horizons with a variety of fun and innovative programs.
element callout2.xsl InternationalTrialsConference
Registration now open! Join horticulture professionals from around the globe as they converge to discuss current research and trialing techniques.
element callout2.xsl CE_2013_Catalog_3
Registration is now open for our 2013 Continuing Education courses!
©2006-2012 Longwood Gardens. All Rights Reserved.