Skip to main content
About this Indoor Garden
Bananas have been grown at Longwood since the time of our founder, Pierre S. du Pont.
Mr. du Pont built the Banana House as part of the Conservatory complex construction project in 1919 to 1921. In 1983, the size of the house was reduced when the adjacent Orchid House was enlarged to the south.