Membership ID Policy
Can I use my GardenPass for admission to other gardens and arboreta?
Who may use my GardenPass?
Can my spouse use my Individual Plus Membership?
Who may access my Member benefits?
Do I need a timed ticket for my guest(s) if I have a complimentary one-time use guest ticket?
Longwood strives to offer world-class exhibits, educational programs, performing arts and special Members-only events just for you, our Member. To help us maintain and preserve our Membership promise to you, we kindly request that you present proof of identification along with your GardenPass when visiting the Gardens. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, but our intention is to honor you, our most loyal friends, who generously participate in our Membership program.
We are sorry, but Longwood Gardens does not participate in the American Horticultural Society's Reciprocal Admission Program. Please click here for a list of gardens that do reciprocate.
Our Explore & Save Member Benefit offers a $2 discount on general adult admission at 10 different Brandywine Valley attractions. Visit the Explore & Save page for details and a complete listing of participants.
GardenPass cards are non-transferable and can only be used by the named cardholder(s). Guests or family members may not take the place of a named cardholder. Longwood Gardens is a non-profit organization that relies heavily on Membership support and attendance revenue to maintain its beautiful grounds and facilities. To preserve the integrity of our Membership program and its wonderful benefits for paying Members, we ask our Members to help us prevent misuse of the GardenPasses. Named cardholders and, where applicable, their children 18 and under, are privy to the benefits of Membership. Individual Plus, Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, and Chimes Tower Memberships provide the flexibility to bring additional guest(s) each day.
*Please visit the Membership Levels page of our website for further details on these Memberships. Members are required to stamp their hand for re-entry into the Gardens.
The Individual Plus Membership provides general Gardens admission for one named cardholder, PLUS general Gardens admission for one (1) additional guest per day. If you would like another person to be able to use your Membership, please purchase a Dual Membership.
Membership must be active through event date to qualify for Member discount. Discounted tickets may be purchased for named cardholders and, where applicable, their children (or up to four grandchildren) ages 18 and under. Member guest event tickets must be purchased at full price. Wheelchair, scooter, and stroller rentals are free for named cardholders in need of the service. This privilege may not be used to obtain rentals for extended family or friends.
Complimentary one-time use guest ticket holders do not need timed ticket(s) to enter the Gardens. However, you are required to purchase timed ticket(s) for any guests accompanying you who are purchasing tickets.
Should I list my child if he/she is 4 years of age or younger?
- Children 4 and under are admitted free of charge, but it is helpful to list them on your Membership as well.
Can I add a child to my Dual, Individual Plus, Individual, or Student Memberships?
- We are sorry, but those levels do not include additional children. The Family and Garden Plus Memberships include the named cardholder's children (or up to 4 grandchildren ) 18 years of age and younger.
Can children covered under a Family, Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, or Chimes Tower Membership come without one of the named cardholders?
Yes, children covered by the Membership may come to the Gardens without one of the named cardholders. They must have one of the GardenPass cards for admission. Students 16-18 years old should present a student ID or a drivers license if they posses one.
Can my nanny/babysitter bring my children to the Gardens using my Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, or Chimes Tower Membership?
- Yes. Just let us know and we will put a sticker on your GardenPass allowing a childcare provider to bring children covered under your Membership to the Gardens.
Can children bring a guest to the Gardens if they are part of a Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, or Chimes Tower Membership?
- Yes, children who are covered by these Memberships may bring a guest with them to the Gardens. They must have one of the GardenPass cards for admission. Students 16-18 years old should present a student ID or drivers license if they posses one.
Can I add my grandchildren to my Membership?
- Sure, you are welcome to include your grandchildren on a Family, Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, or Chimes Tower Membership. Please let us know the number of grandchildren between the ages of 5 and 17. Up to four grandchildren may be included. Children 4 and under are admitted free of charge.