You are here
Christmas Visiting Tips
On View November 24, 2016 through January 8, 2017
Buy Before You Arrive • Timed Admission Tickets Required • Tickets Limited
Timed ticketing offers select times to enjoy our displays and exhibits. With a timed ticket, a pre-established number of guests enter during each interval, allowing guests to enjoy shorter lines and a better viewing experience.
Top Tips for Visiting During A Longwood Christmas
- Come Early! Arrive by 2:00 pm and you’ll miss the evening rush of traffic and still have time to explore all the Brandywine Valley has to offer after your visit to the Gardens.
- Be Prepared, Avoid the Lines. Print Your Member Reservations and tickets at home and show them upon entry to avoid lines. Or, go paperless and open your print-at-home tickets on your smartphone prior to entering the Visitor Center.
- Allow for Travel Time. Traffic may become heavy approaching Longwood Gardens between 3:00 and 7:00 pm.
- Off-Site Parking is Free and May Be Used. Parking is free and transportation from off-site parking areas to the Gardens is provided. Handicap parking with your permit is available in the main lot of Longwood Gardens.
- Outdoor Light Display. Our outdoor holiday lights begin to come on at 3:30 pm and our Open Air Theatre fountain shows run continuously throughout the evening.
- Bundle Up! A Longwood Christmas is both indoors and outdoors. Please dress accordingly and wear comfortable shoes.
- Shop and Dine. Our Café, 1906, concessions, and The GardenShop are all available for you. Make a reservation for your visit day in our fine dining restaurant, 1906, at opentable.com.
- Using Complimentary Tickets? Many complimentary admission tickets are not valid on Peak Days during A Longwood Christmas. Check your tickets as some restrictions may apply.
- Be Our Guest. Once you enter the Gardens, you may stay as long as you wish. If you wish to leave and re-enter—no problem. Just be sure to stamp your hand.
- Stay Informed. Check our website for real-time ticket and reservation availability.
Learn More About the Display
Crowds are lighter!
Nov 24, 2016–Jan 5, 2017
(excluding December 26–January 1)
& every day from Friday, January 6–Sunday, January 8
Visit late—after 8:00 pm is great!
All Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
Nov 24, 2016–Jan 1, 2017
& every day from Monday, December 26–Thursday, December 29