Christmas Visiting Tips
Through January 12, 2014
Buy Before You Arrive • Timed Admission Tickets Required • Tickets Limited
Timed ticketing offers select times to enjoy our displays and exhibits. With a timed ticket, a pre-established number of guests enter during each interval, allowing guests to enjoy shorter lines and a better viewing experience.
Top Tips for Visiting During A Longwood Christmas:
- Come Early! Arrive by 2:00 pm and you’ll miss the evening rush of traffic and still have time to explore all the Brandywine Valley has to offer after your visit to the Gardens. Our outdoor holiday lights come on at 3:30 pm and our fountain shows run continuously throughout the evening.
- Save on Non-Peak Days. Purchasing a timed ticket during a Non-Peak Day means crowds are lighter and prices are lower! Non-Peak Days are Mondays through Fridays from November 28–January 12, excluding December 26–31.
- Print Your Tickets at Home. To avoid lines, we encourage you to print your tickets at home and show them upon entry. Or, go paperless and open your print-at-home tickets on your smartphone prior to entering the Visitor Center and we'll scan it at the door.
- Allow for Travel Time. Traffic may become heavy approaching Longwood Gardens between 3:00 and 7:00 pm.
- Parking is Available and Free. Remote parking is used if needed. Transportation from remote parking areas to the Gardens is provided. Handicap parking is available in the main lot of Longwood Gardens. Please display your handicap permit so our staff can appropriately direct you to the designated area.
- Dress for the Outdoors! A Longwood Christmas is both indoors and outdoors. Please dress accordingly and wear comfortable shoes.
- Shop and Dine in the Gardens. Our Café, 1906, concessions, and The GardenShop are all available for you. Make a reservation in our fine dining restaurant 1906 at opentable.com. Be sure to select the same date for which you purchased Timed Admission Tickets or made a Member Reservation.
- Using Complimentary Tickets? Many complimentary admission tickets are not valid on Peak Days during A Longwood Christmas. Check your tickets as some restrictions may apply.
- Be Our Guest. Once you enter the Gardens, you may stay as long as you wish. If you wish to leave and re-enter—no problem. Just be sure to stamp your hand.
- Stay Connected. Want real-time holiday updates, behind the scenes photos, and ticket sell out alerts? Be sure to follow us @longwoodgardens on Twitter and Instagram and “Like” us on Facebook.