Skip to main content
Wine & Jazz Visiting Tips
Save the Date—June 6, 2015!
Our Wine & Jazz Festival takes place on multiple stages throughout our Gardens. Read on to find out how to make the most of your experience.
Top Tips to Make the Most of Your Wine & Jazz Experience:
- Bring a Chair. Pack your own folding chair or blanket (chairs preferred). The main stage area opens to place chairs at 12:00 noon.
- Be Prepared for All Weather. The Festival is rain or shine; dress for the outdoors. Ponchos, rain jackets, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended. Umbrellas and shade coverings are not permitted.
- Wear Your Comfy Shoes! The Festival area covers a large portion of the Gardens. Comfortable footwear is encouraged.
- Bring Your ID. Wine & Jazz ticketholders are required to wear a wristband, which will be given out at the entrance to the venue. You will be asked to show photo ID when you enter the venue. Photo ID must be presented to buy or taste wine.
- Pack Bottled Water. No outside food allowed in the Gardens. Small hand-held coolers or small lunch bags filled with water and non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted for this event. Water will be available for purchase. Large coolers, picnic baskets, outside food, and other alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Please Drink Responsibly. For the safety of our guests, wine tasting will end at 7:00 pm.
- Add to Your Collection. Wine may be purchased by the bottle to enjoy at the Festival. You may also purchase wine by the bottle or case to add to your collection. For your convenience, wine purchased will be delivered to a wine check and can be collected upon your departure.
- Come Early. Arrive in the morning (we open at 9:00 am) and you’ll miss the rush of mid-day traffic. Your Wine & Jazz ticket includes all day Gardens admission, from 9:00 am–10:00 pm. With your Wine & Jazz wristband, you can leave and re-enter throughout the day.
- Shop and Dine in the Gardens. Our Café (open until 9:00 pm), 1906 (open 11:30 am–7:30 pm), concessions, and The GardenShop (open until 10:15 pm) are all available for you. Make a reservation for 1906 at opentable.com.
- Pre-order our Insulated Wine & Jazz Picnic Tote Bag. Packed with a savory sampling of gourmet cheeses, hummus, bread, salad, crackers, and water, each Picnic Tote Bag serves two people, and includes utensils. On sale Spring 2015.
- Make a Reservation for our Barbeque. Savor picnic favorites with a gourmet flair! Barbeque tickets on sale Spring 2015.
- Print Your Tickets at Home. To avoid lines, we encourage you to print your tickets at home and show them upon entry. Or, go paperless and open your print-at-home tickets on your smartphone prior to entering the Visitor Center and we'll scan it at the door.
- Parking is Available and Free. Off-site parking is used if needed. Transportation from off-site parking areas to the Gardens is provided. Handicap parking is available in the main lot of Longwood Gardens. Please display your handicap permit so our staff can appropriately direct you to the designated area.
- All Sales are Final. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be exhanged for another date and time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be refunded or replaced.
- Tripods, monopods, easels, and radios are not permitted inside the Festival grounds.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas.