We are pleased to offer grants for Title I Schools to assist with the cost of transportation and our curriculum-based programs.
The Longwood Grant for Title 1 Schools provides the opportunity for schools to come to Longwood Gardens to participate in a 90-minute K-12 curriculum-based program. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first served basis to those schools that have 30% or more of the student population qualifying for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program. A teacher may only apply for the grant one time per school year.
Grant can cover:
- Student’s admission fees for a 90-minute K-12 curriculum based program
- Reimbursement for school bus transportation is available to schools with greater than 50% of students receiving free and reduced lunch
To be considered for the Longwood Grant for Title 1 Schools please submit the following:
- Completed application
- Letter on school letterhead signed by the school's principal stating the percent of students receiving free or reduced lunch
Please refer to the K-12 Availability Calendar to determine date and time preferences.
Programs are offered Tuesday through Friday beginning at 10:00 am or 12:00 pm. We cannot guarantee that dates and times requested will be available; requests are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be considered for Transportation Reimbursement please submit the following:
- Completed application for Transportation Reimbursement
- Written correspondence directly from bus company with estimate of transportation costs
For additional information:
Carolyn Zwaskis, School & Youth Associate
To apply online, fill out and submit the form below.