You are here
2019 International Organ Competition Application
The Longwood Gardens International Organ Competition is open to individuals who are 18–30 years old as of November 5, 2018.
All applicants must complete the Application Form. Click here for application.
Applications must be submitted with the following support materials:
- A résumé in English (maximum 2 pages) that outlines the candidate’s training, prizes, and awards (with proof) and current professional status.
- A brief biography in English (maximum 150 words).
- A photocopy of a valid passport.
- At least one full color horizontal photo (1 is mandatory, 2-3 preferred) and at least one full color vertical photo (1 is mandatory, 2-3 preferred). The minimum resolution must be 300 dpi, and files must be sent in JPEG or TIFF format. All photographs submitted must be free of copyright restrictions.
- Audio recordings of the specified program (see Repertoire) must be complete performances of the works, by the applicant, without any editing. Applicant must play straight through each piece. The preliminary selection of candidates will be a completely anonymous process, so there should be no spoken comments or any other means of identification on the audio recordings.
- Scores for repertoire chosen for the qualification round.
Completed Application Form and supporting materials must be submitted online by Monday, November 5, 2018. Only the first 60 complete application forms received on a first come first serve basis will be admitted to the audition round of the Competition, subject to approval by the audition jury. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. For questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application fee is $100 US dollars and is non-refundable. Application fees can be paid online. Mastercard, Visa, Discover, Amex are accepted. Application fee payment must be made by November 5, 2018.
Accommodations & Transportation
Longwood Gardens will provide round-trip transportation to the Philadelphia International Airport and ground transportation to Longwood Gardens. If competitors use alternative modes of transportation other than air travel, Longwood Gardens will provide ground travel. Longwood Gardens will provide lodging and all meals for each competitor.