About this Display
On View Now–November 24
Revel in autumn’s beauty by exploring our changing outdoor landscapes—including our Idea Garden and Flower Garden Walk which are bursting with vibrant annuals and perennials at peak bloom.
During the harvest our Vegetable Garden bears fruit, and you can sample homegrown favorites in seasonal dishes served in The Café and 1906. Children delight in our outdoor miniature Garden Railway display, on view now through January 12, 2014, which features five locomotives and more than 45 different engines all designed using natural materials or inspired by our gardens.
Beginning September 28, we welcome back our Pumpkin Playground in our Children’s Corner. Here, our youngest garden guests can pick up pumpkins and take a photo with our largest pumpkin in the display, weighing in at more than 800 pounds. Inside the Conservatory beginning on October 26, our most challenging horticulture display takes center stage: Chrysanthemum Festival. Find out what it takes to grow these mums into amazing forms—including our Thousand Bloom Mum, the largest in North America.
Autumn’s Colors. Beyond Beautiful.
Explore this Season’s Highlights:
- Learn more about our Garden Railway, On view now–January 12, 2014
- Delight in the return of our Pumpkin Playground, through October 31
- Go beyond on our Beyond the Garden Gates Days, October 19, November 9 & 23
- Be amazed by our Chrysanthemum Festival, opening October 26
- Explore what's in bloom this fall in our Garden