Skip to main content
About this Outdoor Garden
The highly-cultivated yews are meticulously cared for, pruned, and trained over decades to achieve the sculptural forms that our guests enjoy today.
Some of the 50 different specimens found in this Garden were planted in 1936, although most were added in 1958 from a Long Island estate. Within this area is a 30 x 36-foot oval analemmatic sundial constructed by Pierre S. du Pont in 1939.