Skip to main content
About this Indoor Garden
The house is open to guests and contains the Longwood Heritage Exhibit, a collection of historic photos, artifacts, home movies, and video that tells the story of the stewards of the land who preserved and developed the property.
Built in 1730 by Joshua Peirce, this historic home has been greatly enlarged over the years by successive generations of Peirces and later by Mr. du Pont, who purchased the property in 1906 and used it as his summer home. The house was opened to the public in 1976 and now contains the Longwood Heritage Exhibit.