How do I join or renew online?
- Join today! Memberships are available at tickets.longwoodgardens.org or in person at our Membership Desk, or by calling 610-388-1000. Current Members may renew their Membership online at tickets.longwoodgardens.org or in person at our Membership Desk, or by calling 610.388.1000. *Phone processing fees do not apply to Membership purchases.
I renewed/joined online, now what?
- If you would like to visit Longwood Gardens soon, please bring your print-at-home temporary GardenPass (received via email) for quick and easy access to the Gardens. Permanent Membership materials arrive in 4–6 weeks.
When will my Membership expire?
- Your Membership is valid for one year from the date you purchased it. If you have purchased a two-year Membership, then it is valid for two years from the date of purchase.
If I renew my Membership before it expires, how will this affect my expiration date?
- Your Membership is valid for 12 full months. If you renew your Membership early, that Membership will not start until your current one expires. (There is an exception if you upgrade your Membership in the middle of a cycle and wish for the new Membership to start immediately. In this circumstance, you will most likely receive a credit for the time remaining on your old Membership. The new/updated Membership will begin on the date of purchase and run for 12 full months.)
Can I apply my paid admission to my Membership if I decide to join by mail?
- Yes, you may apply a portion of your paid admission toward the cost of your Membership within 30 days of your dated receipt/ticket stub. The amount that you can apply depends on the category of Membership that you are purchasing. Please inquire by phone at 610.388.1000 for specific details.
Can I apply my paid admission to my Membership if I decide to join online?
- Unfortunately, that option is not available at this time. We are happy to apply your paid admission in person at our Membership Desk, or by calling 610.388.1000.
Why isn't the tax deductible amount of my Membership 100% of what I paid?
- Each Membership (except Student level) comes with two complimentary guest tickets (four tickets for 2 year Memberships). These guest tickets have a value of $16 each. The tax-deductable portion of your Membership is the purchase price of your Membership minus $32 (for 1yr Memberships), or $64 (for 2 yr Memberships).
Can I include my daughter/son as a secondary cardholder on my Dual or higher level Membership?
- Yes, of course. Dual Memberships and higher levels include two named cardholders. This includes any two people you wish to assign as the named cardholders, regardless of age and whether they live in the same household or not. All benefits are sent to the primary Member's address.
I used to have a Grandparent Membership, what level would you recommend?
- The Family or Garden Plus Membership will accommodate your needs.
- The Family Membership is for two adults and their children (18 years of age or younger) OR two adults and four grandchildren (18 years of age or younger).
- The Garden Plus Membership is for two adults and their children (18 years of age or younger) OR two adults and four grandchildren (18 years of age or younger) PLUS one additional guest of any age per day.
- The two named cardholders do not need to live in the same household.
Do I have to have a secondary cardholder?
- Membership benefits extend only to named cardholders, and where applicable, their children (or up to four grandchildren) age 18 and under. We strongly recommend that you name a second cardholder.
Do the primary and secondary cardholders need to live in the same household?
- The two cardholders do not need to live in the same household, but the benefits of being a Member extend to only those two named Members and their children or up to four grandchildren age 18 and under. Please keep in mind that all Membership correspondence and mailings will be sent only to the primary cardholder.
When will I receive my permanent GardenPass card(s)?
- Processing time takes approximately 4–6 weeks. During busier seasons, processing can take longer. If you plan to visit soon, please call 610.388.1000 to ask us to hold your Membership materials at the Member Services desk. We are happy to assist you.
Can I change the name(s) on my GardenPass after purchase?
- You may change the name(s) on your GardenPass at the time of renewal. If you just joined (within the past four weeks), and wish to change the name(s) on your card, you must return all of your current GardenPass cards to be issued cards with the new name(s).
I am a disabled Member and need a caregiver to assist me with my visit. What do you recommend?
- You may purchase a Dual Membership and notify our staff that the secondary Member will be your caregiver. You may also purchase the Individual Plus or Garden Plus Membership which allows general Gardens admission for one (1) additional guest per day.
What are the benefits of being a Member?
- Please click here to view benefits.
Can I receive discounts to local retailers with my GardenPass?
- Absolutely, please visit our Member Discounts page for details.
Do I receive complimentary one-time use guest tickets with my Membership?
- All levels, except for the Student Membership, include complimentary one-time use guest tickets. You will receive two at the one-year level and four at the two-year level.
- Complimentary guest tickets are mailed when purchasing Memberships via the web, by mail or phone unless you specifically request they be held at will call prior to us mailing them out. Because of the value associated with our complimentary guest tickets, we cannot accommodate requests to issue them onsite when Membership is purchased via web, mail, or phone. If you purchase a Membership or renew onsite you will receive them immediately and they may be used immediately.
- Please note: Our complimentary guest tickets are not valid for specially ticketed events, December 26-31, and all Saturdays and Sundays during A Longwood Christmas display.
The benefits mention "Share—up to a 10% discount on up to six adult admission tickets for each guest during every visit.” What is the discounted price (based on paid admission)?
- Adult admission is $16, regularly $18
- Senior admission is $13, regularly $15
- Student admission is $8, no discount (18 and under or with a valid student ID)
- Child – FREE (ages 4 and under)
- Or, you can add a Bring Friends Package to your Membership!
Bring Friends Package
Do I have to be a Member to purchase a Bring Friends Package?
- Yes, the opportunity to buy a Bring Friends Package is a Members-only opportunity. If you would like to bring a group of friends to Longwood Gardens, please consider becoming a Member and adding on a Bring Friends Package. You many also want to consider organizing your visit through our Group Visits office.
Do I have to be present to redeem tickets from my Bring Friends Package?
- Yes, Members who have purchased a Bring Friends Package need to accompany the guests using the Bring Friends Package tickets. Simply present your active GardenPass with Photo ID to a ticketing team member to redeem your ticket(s). Bring Friends tickets are valid on the day they are printed only.
How can I find out how many tickets are left on my Bring Friends Package?
- At any time, you may ask any Guest Services representative to check your record for the number of tickets remaining on your Bring Friends Package.
How do I get a Tripod permit?
- Members can get an Annual Tripod Permit by visiting the Information Desk in the Visitor Center where you will fill out a permission form and receive a tripod tag good for one year.
Do you have a Lifetime Membership level?
- We do not offer a Lifetime Membership and do not plan to offer this in the future.
DO YOU HAVE two-year memberships?
- Yes, two-year Memberships are available at all categories except the Student, Rose Arbor, and Chimes Tower levels.
Do you offer a Membership for two individuals?
- Yes, we offer two Memberships to accommodate two individuals:
- The Dual Membership provides general Gardens admission for two named cardholders.
- The Individual Plus Membership provides general Gardens admission for one named cardholder, PLUS general Gardens admission for one (1) additional guest per day.
- *Please visit the Membership Levels section of our website for further details.
Do you offer a Membership that allows me to bring a friend on each visit?
- Yes, the Individual Plus, Garden Plus, Rose Arbor, and Chimes Tower Membership Levels offer general Gardens admission for additional guest(s) per day. Please visit the Membership Levels section of our website for further details.
Can I upgrade to a higher level of Membership?
- Yes, with the following options:
- If you have less than two months left on your Membership:
If you wish to upgrade any time less than two months prior to your renewal date, you will be asked to submit payment in full for the upgraded level. You will be given all of the benefits of the Membership level you have upgraded into and we will extend your Membership a full year from its current expiration date.
- If you have more than two months left on your Membership:
Upgrading is an option from the date of purchase until two months prior to your Membership expiration date. We will apply a portion of your paid dues to your new level and your expiration date will be extended for the number of months you have been a Member in your current level and cycle. Call us today to learn how at 610.388.1000.
- The option to upgrade from a Dual Membership to an Individual Plus Membership is available upon returning both Dual GardenPass Membership cards. The secondary member from the Dual Membership will no longer share Membership benefits or Gardens admission on their own.
Can I downgrade to a different Membership Level?
- The option to downgrade your Membership level is available at your time of renewal.
Do you offer discounted Memberships for students?
- Yes, we offer a discounted Student Membership for students (of any age) with valid ID. We also offer discounted admission for any child between 5-17 years of age. Group and School admission rates are also available. Please click here for admission fees.
Do you offer any other types of discounted Membership?
- Other than the Student Membership, we do not offer any other discounted Membership levels.
- You can apply a portion of your paid admission toward the cost of your Membership within 30 days of your dated receipt/ticket stub. The amount that you can apply depends on the level of Membership that you are purchasing. Please inquire by phone at 610.388.1000 for specific details.