The Gardens are temporarily closed. Learn more.
You are here
As a botanic garden, we have certain restrictions that you might not encounter at other venues. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Weddings, wedding receptions, religious ceremonies, and proms are not permitted. Please see our FAQs page for information regarding Wedding Photography.
- At this time, we do not offer any other packages for room rentals or private dining other than Yuletide Events and After-Hours Events.
- We work exclusively with Restaurant Associates for all dining and catering.
- Balloons, confetti, and glitter are not permitted anywhere at Longwood Gardens.
- Production companies are not allowed.
- For floral arrangements provided by a service other than our preferred vendor, a fee of $500 will be charged. Non-floral centerpieces brought in from an outside source are allowed at no fee.
- Other restrictions may be outlined in the contract to be signed at booking.
In addition to the General Guidelines listed at the top of the page, please note the following for After-Hours Events:
- After-Hours Events are not available during A Longwood Christmas, on dates when the Gardens are open past 6:00 pm, or on dates with evening programming such as concerts, performances, and Fireworks & Fountains shows.
- No outside food or alcohol is permitted.
- Alcohol service ends 15 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- All events must end by 11:00 pm due to the East Marlborough Township noise ordinance.
In addition to the General Guidelines listed at the top of the page, please note the following for Yuletide Events:
- For organizations: Logos, signs, and any branded material are only permitted inside the Terra Cotta Room. Such items are not permitted in any other area, including the Visitor Center.
- Will Call service is not available for Group Rate tickets. Registration tables in the Visitor Center are not permitted during A Longwood Christmas.
- Outside food & beverage is not permitted, except for bottled water. This includes items such as cakes, cupcakes, bottles of wine, and food items related to party favors.
- Existing decorations and centerpieces in the Terra Cotta Room are not to be moved or altered.