We are pleased to welcome you to our Gardens. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, please respect these guidelines.
Longwood Reimagined: A New Garden Experience is the most ambitious revitalization of our Gardens in a century. It includes a sweeping transformation of 17 acres of the west conservatory area and surrounding landscape, adding new gardens, alleés of trees, plantings, and buildings. Once completed in Fall 2024, our guests will experience more of our mission of horticulture, education, and the arts.
Our grand Conservatory display spaces remain open throughout Longwood Reimagined, however the western part of the Conservatory is closed. During your visit, you may see and hear work being done as we reimagine the area. The East Conservatory, Main Conservatory, Exhibition Hall, Acacia Passage, Silver Garden and Orchid House will remain open and will continue to be filled with the finest of horticulture leaving guests with memorable and beautiful experiences including pop up displays from our Bonsai and Orchid collections.
To best enjoy your visit to our Gardens, we suggest you:
- Learn about our response to COVID-19
- Explore our website prior to your visit to see what's in bloom and browse our online calendar of events.
- Check our hours of operation and note special announcements, including possible early closures, which vary depending on the season.
- Buy your ticket in advance and have your ticket ready to show when you arrive. Sell out is possible.
- Please allow 3.5–4 hours for your visit. Stay as long as you wish; however, re-entry is currently not permitted.
- Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes, as our Gardens are a walking experience. Bring water, a hat, sunscreen, and bug spray as needed. Insects, including ticks, bees, and mosquitoes, are a part of our ecosystem. Stay on pathways and check for ticks after leaving the Gardens.
- Bring your own wheelchair, scooter, stroller, wagon, or personal mobility device. Wheelchairs, scooters, and strollers are also available for rent in our Visitor Center on a first-come basis and may not be reserved in advance.
- Note that parking at remote lots is used during high visitation days throughout the year and complimentary transportation is provided to the Gardens.
- Shop in the Gardens & Dine in our Café or fine dining restaurant, 1906. Reservations for 1906 are strongly recommended via OpenTable.
- Connect to our free wifi; look for the FreeGardenWIFI network.
- Use our mobile map.
- Follow us on social media, @LongwoodGardens on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Become a Member.
You may do the following during your visit:
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes (excluding performances)
- Picnic in our picnic area (open seasonally)
- Bring small, handheld digital devices with earphones
- Bring service animals
- Bring tripods, monopods, and easels. Please review guidelines
- Bring umbrellas (umbrellas are not permitted at outside performances, fountain shows, concerts, and fireworks events)
Please refrain from the following during your visit:
- Walking without shoes on
- Straying from paths
- Feeding wildlife
- Running or jogging in our Gardens
- Cursing or yelling in our Gardens
- Disobeying posted signage or safety barricades
The following items are prohibited in our Gardens:
- Smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping, and any illegal substance
- Weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons
- Coolers, food and beverage, except water (food is permitted in our picnic area, open seasonally)
- Climbing trees; picking plants and flowers; getting in our fountains, lakes, or creeks
- Holding wedding or religious ceremonies or receptions
- Items that are disruptive to the guest experience or could pose a safety concern, including, but not limited to: drones, remote airplanes, balls, frisbees, kites, or other sports equipment, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, hoverboards and other recreational devices, musical instruments and radios with speakers
- Toys that cause damage to the plant collection and wildlife: Balloons and bubbles
- Blankets or chairs except when otherwise noted (please reference table below)
- Boxwood or chrysanthemums
Just for Members
- Review our General Guidelines
- Bring your Membership card and your photo id card with you for admittance and to take advantage of discounts in our Terrace Restaurant Café, 1906, and Garden Shop
- Make reservations in advance during Festival of Fountains from May 5-June 29, 2022 Thursday-Saturday if arriving after 3:00 pm, during Light: Installations by Bruce Munro from June 30-October 30, 2022 Thursday-Sunday if arriving after 3:00 pm, and every day during A Longwood Christmas from open to close, and use separate transactions if making reservations for multiple dates. Reservations not required for Gardens Premium and Innovators.
- Set up your online account
- Show your card at our partners to get a discount
- Complimentary Guest Tickets are for one-time general admission and are not valid for specially ticketed events and blackout days (peak days) during A Longwood Christmas. Blackout days are all Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during A Longwood Christmas, through January 2, and every day December 26 through January 2. Other blackout dates may apply; check your tickets to see additional restrictions.
- Review our Members' Frequently Asked Questions
Bringing Chairs & Blankets
For certain special events at our Gardens, additional guidelines apply:
- Review our General Guidelines
- Seating, chairs and blankets: From time to time, based on the event or performance, we allow our guests to bring their own blankets or chairs to an event.
- Please note: There are benches and seating throughout the Gardens for your enjoyment.
Use this chart to determine when personal chairs and blankets may be placed at the event location
|Throughout the Gardens Daily||No||No|
|Open Air Theatre Concert||Not necessary, the venue has chairs||No|
|Main Fountain Garden Fountain Performances||Yes, after 12:00 pm||Yes, after 12:00 pm|
|Members-only Hours||Yes, after 12:00 pm||Yes, after 12:00 pm|
|Wine & Jazz Festival||Yes, after 1:00 pm||Yes, after 1:00 pm|