You are here
Longwood Reimagined: A New Garden Experience is the most ambitious revitalization of our Gardens in a century. It includes a sweeping transformation of 17 acres of the west conservatory area and surrounding landscape, adding new gardens, alleés of trees, plantings, and buildings. Once completed in Fall 2024, our guests will experience more of our mission of horticulture, education, and the arts.
The Orchid and Banana House, and all glasshouses in the west end of the Conservatory are closed to guests including the Mediterranean Garden, Palm House, Bonsai Display, Estate Fruit Houses, Fern Passage, Cascade Garden, Rose House, and Tropical Terrace. The East Conservatory, Main Conservatory, Exhibition Hall, Acacia Passage and Silver Garden will remain open and will continue to be filled with the finest of horticulture leaving guests with memorable and beautiful experiences including pop up displays from our Bonsai and Orchid collections. The waterlily area will be open for the 2021 summer season for guests to enjoy.
- The Gardens are an indoor and outdoor walking experience. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Know our Conservatory guidelines. Our Conservatory will feature a one-way walking route throughout and face masks are required. Food and beverage consumption, as well as tripod use and photo shoots, are not permitted inside the Conservatory.
- Dining. The Terrace Café features outdoor seating and limited indoor seating. You may bring your own bottled water. Bottled water is also available for purchase. Outside food is not permitted in the Gardens. The 1906 Restaurant serves a full-service lunch menu Friday through Sunday, advance reservations required. Our Beer Garden hours are weather permitting.
- Plan your visit with our mobile map. Printed maps are not available at this time. You can use our mobile map before and during your visit or download and print our map at home prior to your arrival. Use the mobile map to experience current spring blooms throughout our Gardens.
- The Garden Shop is closed. The Garden Shop is currently closed and will reopenon May 6, 2021.
- The Indoor Children's Garden is closed. Due to enhanced precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19, our Indoor Children's Garden is closed.
- The Picnic Area is closed for the season. The Picnic Area will reopen in April 2021.
- Mobility device rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of wheelchairs are available via self-service inside the Visitor Center. Scooter rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis inside the Visitor Center after scanning admission tickets. Strollers are not available. You are welcome to bring your own mobility device. Shuttle service, including our Meadow Garden shuttle, is not available.
- Know our current operating hours. The Gardens are open Wednesday through Monday from 10:00 am–6:00 pm and closed every Tuesday throughout Spring Blooms. Our days and hours are subject to change.
- Advance Timed Tickets and Member reservations required. Advance Timed Tickets and free timed Member reservations (except Gardens Premium Members) are required every day from open to close. To cancel Member reservations, click here.
- Availability. Tickets are limited and sell out is likely. Please note we cannot accommodate Members or guests without tickets when we are sold out.
- Book online. Make Member reservations and purchase Timed Admission Tickets online or via phone before your visit. On-site ticketing is not available.
- Members: know who can join you for your visit. You may book free timed Member reservations for as many people as allowed under your Membership level. For example, a Gardens5 level allows a total of five guests, including the cardholder, while a Gardens1 level does not include an additional guest. Please only make reservations for times you intend to visit. Bring your photo ID for admittance and your Membership card to take advantage of dining and shopping discounts.
- SNAP EBT and PA ACCESS visits are accepted. Any U.S. state-issued SNAP EBT or Pennsylvania ACCESS cardholders must purchase advanced Timed Admission Tickets online. One card can be used to purchase up to four timed tickets at $2 each. SNAP EBT or ACCESS card and matching photo ID are required.
- Complimentary Guest Tickets are for one-time general admission. Tickets are printed with an expiration date and must be used by the date printed. These tickets serve as your admission ticket and do not require additional timed tickets. Check your tickets as restrictions may apply.
- Re-entry is not permitted. Once you enter the Gardens, you may stay as long as you wish. Once you leave the Gardens, there is no re-entry.
- Honor our visiting guidelines. You will receive an email prior to your visit that details our visiting guidelines.
- Wear a mask. Face masks are required (ages 2 and older) in both indoor and outdoor public spaces, unless individuals are outside and can constantly maintain six feet from individuals who are not members in their household. Please stay home if you are sick or symptomatic.
- Make room for others. Please do your part and maintain a 6-foot distance from other guests.
- Mind the signs. Look for the circles and arrows throughout the Gardens for one-way and narrow paths, and to see what amenities are available.
- Practice good hygiene. Use our hand sanitizing stations placed throughout our Gardens.
- The following are prohibited in our Gardens. Smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping, and any illegal substances; weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons; holding wedding or religious ceremonies or receptions; pets; toys that cause damage to the plant collection and wildlife; balloons and bubbles; blankets or chairs except when otherwise noted; boxwood or chrysanthemums; items that are disruptive to guests or could pose a safety concern, including balloons, bubbles, drones, remote airplanes, kites, balls, frisbees, or other sports equipment, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, and other recreational devices, musical instruments and any type of music.
- Help us care for the Gardens. Please do not climb on sculptures or trees; pick plants and flowers; or get in our fountains, lakes, or creeks.
- Ensure you have everything you need. Once you leave the Gardens, there is no re-entry.
- Start your visit together. The Visitor Center lobby is not available for waiting for other members of your party.
- Expedite your contactless entry. Get your Member reservations and Timed Admission Tickets ready. Print your timed Member reservation or Timed Admission Ticket at home or have it handy on your smartphone prior to your arrival. Guests with a college, military, veteran, SNAP/ACCESS or Member reservation must present photo ID along with their tickets for admittance into the Gardens.
- Arrive on time. You may enter the Gardens up to 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after your designated time. Make every effort to arrive at your designated reservation time. Earlier or later arrivals may not be accommodated.
- Scan in. You must scan your printed or mobile Member reservation or Timed Admission Ticket in a contactless fashion upon your arrival to the Visitor Center. Staff are available for assistance if needed.
- Enjoy your visit. After scanning your Member reservation or Timed Admission Ticket, make your way directly through the Visitor Center.
- Stay connected. Look for the FreeGardenWIFI network.
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes and share them on social media: @LongwoodGardens on Twitter and Instagram, and facebook.com/LongwoodGardens. Find out more about our photo and video policy.
- Please refrain from: sunbathing, feeding wildlife, running or jogging, walking without shoes on, disobeying posted signage or safety barricades, or straying from paths.
- Restrooms. Look for signs in the Gardens to find the restroom location nearest you. Please note that the Visitor Center restrooms are currently not available.
- Stay connected. We’ll be sharing updates and changes to our visiting guidelines as phases evolve.
- All Membership levels, except for Gardens Premium Members, require reservations at this time.
- Make your reservations before your visit for the next available entry time. Make Member reservations online or via phone before your visit. On-site ticketing is not available.
- Know who can join you for your visit. You may bring as many people as allowed under your Membership level with Member reservations. For example, a Gardens5 Member can bring up to 4 other guests. A single Membership cannot bring an additional guest.
- Plan ahead. To ensure many Members can visit, please only make reservations for times you intend to visit.
- Know what to bring. Present your Member reservation and photo ID for admittance into the Gardens. To take advantage of dining and shopping discounts, present your Membership card.
- Know how to renew. Please renew online or contact us at 610.388.1000 to renew.