You are here
Longwood Reimagined: A New Garden Experience is the most ambitious revitalization of our Gardens in a century. It includes a sweeping transformation of 17 acres of the west conservatory area and surrounding landscape, adding new gardens, alleés of trees, plantings, and buildings. Once completed in Fall 2024, our guests will experience more of our mission of horticulture, education, and the arts.
The Orchid and Banana House, and all glasshouses in the west end of the Conservatory are closed to guests including the Mediterranean Garden, Palm House, Bonsai Display, Estate Fruit Houses, Fern Passage, Cascade Garden, Rose House, and Tropical Terrace. The East Conservatory, Main Conservatory, Exhibition Hall, Acacia Passage and Silver Garden will remain open and will continue to be filled with the finest of horticulture leaving guests with memorable and beautiful experiences including pop up displays from our Bonsai and Orchid collections. The waterlily area will be open for the 2021 summer season for guests to enjoy.
Festival of Fountains
- The Gardens are an indoor and outdoor walking experience. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Know our Conservatory guidelines. Face masks are required if you are not fully vaccinated. Tripod/monopod/easel use is permitted inside the Conservatory from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on low attendance volume days.
- Dining. The Terrace Café features indoor and outdoor seating. You may bring your own bottled water. Bottled water is also available for purchase. Outside food is not permitted in the Gardens. The 1906 Restaurant serves a full-service lunch menu Wednesday through Monday, and a full-service dinner menu Thursday through Saturday; advance reservations are recommended. Our Beer Garden hours are weather permitting.
- Plan your visit with our mobile map. Printed maps are not available at this time. You can use our mobile map before and during your visit or download and print our map at home prior to your arrival. Use the mobile map to experience current features of interest throughout our Gardens.
- The Garden Shop is open during normal Gardens hours. Please visit The Garden Shop before or after your visit to the Gardens, since re-entry to the Gardens is not permitted.
- The Picnic Area is open now through October 11, 2021 for Longwood visitors only, on a first-come, first-served basis. Please use the Picnic Area before or after your visit. Re-entry to the Gardens is not permitted after leaving the Gardens and visiting the Picnic Area.
- Mobility device rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of wheelchairs are available via self-service at the Visitor Center. Scooter rentals are also available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Visitor Center. Strollers are not available. You are welcome to bring your own mobility device. Shuttle service is not provided inside the Gardens except for our Meadow Garden Shuttle that runs between the Peirce-du Pont House and Webb Farmhouse.
- Know our current operating hours. The Gardens are open Sunday, Monday & Wednesday from 10:00 am–6:00 pm; Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:00 am–10:00 pm; and closed every Tuesday throughout Festival of Fountains. Our days and hours are subject to change.
- Advance Timed Tickets and Member reservations required. Advance Timed Tickets and free timed Member reservations (except Gardens Premium Members) are required every day from open to close. Make Member reservations and purchase Timed Admission Tickets online or via phone before your visit. While on-site ticketing and Member reservations is available, we recommend buying tickets or making Member reservations before you arrive at the Gardens to avoid disappointment. To cancel Member reservations, click here.
- Availability. Tickets are limited and sell out is likely. Please note we cannot accommodate Members or guests without tickets when we are sold out.
- Members: Know who can join you for your visit. You may book free timed Member reservations for as many people as allowed under your Membership level. For example, a Gardens5 level allows a total of five guests, including the cardholder, while a Gardens1 level does not include an additional guest. Please only make reservations for times you intend to visit. Bring your photo ID for admittance and your Membership card to take advantage of dining and shopping discounts.
- SNAP EBT and PA ACCESS visits are accepted. Any U.S. state-issued SNAP EBT or Pennsylvania ACCESS cardholders must purchase advanced Timed Admission Tickets online. One card can be used to purchase up to four timed tickets at $2 each. SNAP EBT or ACCESS card and matching photo ID are required.
- Complimentary Guest Tickets are for one-time general admission. Tickets are printed with an expiration date and must be used by the date printed. These tickets serve as your admission ticket and do not require additional timed tickets. Check your tickets as restrictions may apply.
- Re-entry is not permitted. Once you enter the Gardens, you may stay as long as you wish. Once you leave the Gardens, there is no re-entry.
- Honor our visiting guidelines. You will receive an email prior to your visit that details our visiting guidelines.
- Wear a mask. Unless you are fully vaccinated, face masks are required (ages 2 and older) in both indoor and outdoor public spaces, unless individuals are outside and can constantly maintain six feet from individuals who are not members in their household. Please stay home if you are sick or symptomatic.
- Make room for others. If not fully vaccinated, please do your part and maintain a 6-foot distance from other guests.
- Mind the signs. Look for the circles and arrows throughout the Gardens for one-way and narrow paths, and to see what amenities are available.
- Practice good hygiene. Use our hand sanitizing stations placed throughout our Gardens.
- Stay on pathways. Insects, including ticks and mosquitoes, are a part of the ecosystem of the Brandywine Valley. Thoroughly check for ticks on your body and clothing after leaving the Gardens.
- The following are prohibited in our Gardens. Smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping, and any illegal substances; weapons of any kind, or items that look like weapons; holding wedding or religious ceremonies or receptions; pets; toys that cause damage to the plant collection and wildlife; balloons and bubbles; blankets or chairs except when otherwise noted; boxwood or chrysanthemums; items that are disruptive to guests or could pose a safety concern, including balloons, bubbles, drones, remote airplanes, kites, balls, frisbees, or other sports equipment, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, and other recreational devices, musical instruments and any type of music.
- Help us care for the Gardens. Please do not climb on sculptures or trees; pick plants and flowers; or get in our fountains, lakes, or creeks.
- Ensure you have everything you need. Once you leave the Gardens, there is no re-entry.
- Expedite your entry. Get your Member reservations and Timed Admission Tickets ready. Print your timed Member reservation or Timed Admission Ticket at home or have it handy on your smartphone prior to your arrival. Guests with a college, military, veteran, SNAP/ACCESS or Member reservation must present photo ID along with their tickets for admittance into the Gardens.
- Arrive on time. You may enter the Gardens up to 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after your designated time. Make every effort to arrive at your designated reservation time. Earlier or later arrivals may not be accommodated.
- Scan in. You must scan your printed or mobile Member reservation or Timed Admission Ticket upon your arrival to the Visitor Center. Staff are available for assistance if needed.
- Stay connected. Look for the FreeGardenWIFI network.
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes and share them on social media: @LongwoodGardens on Twitter and Instagram, and facebook.com/LongwoodGardens. Find out more about our photo and video policy.
- Please refrain from: sunbathing, feeding wildlife, running or jogging, walking without shoes on, disobeying posted signage or safety barricades, or straying from paths.
- Restrooms. Look for signs in the Gardens to find the restroom location nearest you.
- Stay connected. We’ll be sharing updates and changes to our visiting guidelines as phases evolve.
- All Membership levels, except for Gardens Premium Members, require reservations at this time.
- Make your reservations before your visit for the next available entry time. Make Member reservations online or via phone before your visit. While on-site ticketing and Member reservations is available, we recommend buying tickets or making Member reservations before you arrive at the Gardens to avoid disappointment.
- Know who can join you for your visit. You may bring as many people as allowed under your Membership level with Member reservations. For example, a Gardens5 Member can bring up to 4 other guests. A single Membership cannot bring an additional guest.
- Plan ahead. To ensure many Members can visit, please only make reservations for times you intend to visit.
- Know what to bring. Present your Member reservation and photo ID for admittance into the Gardens. To take advantage of dining and shopping discounts, present your Membership card.
- Know how to renew. Please renew online or contact us at 610.388.1000 to renew.
- Social distancing will not be in place in the lawn and reserved seating areas during Fireworks & Fountains Shows, so face masks (ages 2 and older) must be worn at all times in the Fireworks & Fountains Shows seating areas. Unless fully vaccinated, face masks are required (ages 2 and older) in both indoor and outdoor public spaces during your entire visit, unless individuals are outside and are able to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of their household. Please stay home if you are sick or symptomatic.
- Tickets include all-day Gardens admission.
- Re-entry is permitted via wristband given to ticketholders upon entry.
- In the event of inclement weather, every effort will be made to hold the performance as scheduled, however the performance may be delayed or begin up to 30 minutes early.
- In the event of postponement or cancellation, ticket buyers will be notified as soon as a decision is made.
- Arrive no later than 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to show time to allow enough time to park and find or set up your seat.
- You may find increased traffic on these evenings, and perimeter roads and entrance ramps will close 45 minutes prior to show time.
- No strollers or blankets allowed in Fireworks venue, however strollers are permitted throughout the Gardens prior to the start of the show. Stroller parking is provided at our Topiary Garden during the show.
- Umbrellas must be closed at the time of the show so as to not obstruct the view. Rain gear (such as ponchos) is permitted.
- Lawn ticketbuyers: please bring your own folding chair. Chairs are not available for rent or purchase.
- Tripod/monopod/easel use is prohibited during Fireworks & Fountains Shows.
- To preserve the experience for all guests, all photography and videography during the show is prohibited, including smartphones and tablets.