Our beautiful Gardens have become an increasingly popular location for special occasion and contracted photo sessions. To help ensure our guests have a pleasant visit, we are introducing a new policy for special occasion and contracted photography.
We understand this policy is a shift from the way we have allowed these photo sessions to take place in the past. We are sharing this updated policy well in advance of the effective date so you can plan for your photo session and make other arrangements when necessary.
Now through September 30, 2024
Photo shoots are permitted in our outdoor Gardens only. To ensure an extraordinary experience for all of our guests, no indoor photo shoots are allowed.
October 1, 2024, through February 28, 2025
Photo shoots will not be permitted in our Gardens.
March 1, 2025
The new policy takes effect. Special occasion and contracted photography will take place in our outdoor Gardens after purchasing a photography permit. Permits will be available for most days at specified times.
The new policy includes the following:
- Photo sessions will require a permit for a specific day and time and must be booked in advance.
- There will be a fee associated with the permit. Pricing starts at $250 and increases based on the number of guests.
- The permit fee includes admission to the Gardens for the photographer only. Other guests entering the Gardens in conjunction with a photo session will need to purchase Gardens Admission.
- Photography will be permitted in our outdoor gardens only.
- In accordance with our terms and conditions, Memberships are exclusively for non-commercial use. Photographers with Longwood Memberships may not use their Membership to gain admission for clients to the Gardens as part of a photo session.
- All photo sessions will have a Longwood staff person accompanying them.
- Examples of special occasion photography include, but are not limited to: weddings, engagements, maternity, quinceañeras, proms, and formals.
- Commercial photography promoting products and services is not permitted in the Gardens.
Additional Visiting Guidelines and Policy Changes (effective as of October 1, 2024)
- Large scale photo or video equipment, carts/wagons, light stands, reflectors are strictly prohibited.
- Props and/or signs are not permitted.
- Wardrobe and/or clothing changes are not permitted and these items will not be permitted to enter the Gardens. Come dressed in the attire you plan to wear for your visit.
- Longwood does not have a place to store personal belongings. There are other items that are not permitted inside the Gardens. Please review the list prior to visiting to avoid disappointment.
- Tripods, monopods, and artist easels may be used in the outdoor gardens at any time with exceptions of high-volume attendance days and special events. Tripods, monopods, and easels are not permitted in any indoor space at any time of day.
- To protect our horticultural collection from disease, we will no longer allow flowers of any kind to be brought into the Gardens.