You are here
Wheelchair, Scooter, and Stroller Rentals
Wheelchairs are available self-service, curbside in front of the Visitor Center. Scooter rentals are available in a tent in our bus lot, to the side of the Visitor Center. Scooters must be obtained prior to entering the Gardens admission line. Strollers are not available.
We strongly encourage all guests to bring their own mobility device, as our inventory is limited. Personal mobility devices that have less than three wheels or a device that cannot stand on its own in an upright position when unoccupied are not permitted. Devices must be single rider and operated at a walking pace.
Pricing for Members and guests is as follows:
- Electric Scooter: Pay What You Wish
- Wheelchair: Complimentary
- Single Stroller: $6 (Members complimentary) Currently Unavailable
- Double Stroller: $9 (Members complimentary) Currently Unavailable
Noteworthy for all rental equipment:
- Quantities are limited.
- Rentals are on an unreserved, first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to demand, we are unable to guarantee availability.
- All rentals may be used for the duration of your visit, regardless of length.
- A valid photo ID is required.
Guidelines for Electric Scooters:
- Electric scooters are for mobility-challenged guests and may not be used as a recreational vehicle.
- Electric scooter training is required and restrictions do apply. A release form must be signed by the guest operating the scooter.
- Electric scooters are a single-person chair and only one trained guest is permitted to operate the vehicle.
- Riders must be 16 years of age to operate. A signature of a parent or guardian over 21 is required for riders 16-18 years of age.
Young children are not allow to operate or ride on the scooter.
- The maximum weight limit is 400 lbs.
- At the discretion of Longwood Gardens, scooters are not available during inclement weather.
- In consideration of other visitors, rented scooters must be parked outside the GardenShop, Open Air Theatre, Peirce-du Pont House, and The Terrace when visiting those facilities.
- Electric scooters may not be driven into our parking lots.