You are here
Wheelchair and Electric Scooter Availability
Complimentary wheelchairs are available self-service in the Visitor Center Lobby. Electric scooters are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Guest Services Desk in the Visitor Center.
We strongly encourage all guests to bring their own mobility device, as our inventory is limited. Personal mobility devices that have less than three wheels or a device that cannot stand on its own in an upright position when unoccupied are not permitted. Devices must be single rider and operated at a walking pace.
Pricing for Members and guests is as follows:
- Electric Scooter: Pay What You Wish
- Wheelchair: Complimentary
Noteworthy for all rental equipment:
- Quantities are limited.
- Rentals are on an unreserved, first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to demand, we are unable to guarantee availability.
- All rentals may be used for the duration of your visit, regardless of length.
- A valid photo ID is required.
Guidelines for Electric Scooters:
- Electric scooters are for mobility-challenged guests and may not be used as a recreational vehicle.
- Electric scooter training is required and restrictions do apply. Save time by watching the training video online before you visit.
- A release form must be signed by the guest operating the scooter.
- Electric scooters are a single-person chair and only one trained guest is permitted to operate the vehicle.
- Riders must be 18 years of age to operate.
- The maximum weight limit is 500 lbs.
- At the discretion of Longwood Gardens, scooters are not available during inclement weather.
- In consideration of other visitors, rented scooters must be parked outside the GardenShop, Open Air Theatre, Peirce-du Pont House, and The Terrace when visiting those facilities.
- Electric scooters may not be driven into our parking lots.