You are here
Wheelchair, Scooter, and Stroller Rentals
Electric scooters, wheelchairs, and children's strollers are available for rent in the Visitor Center, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pricing for Members and guests is as follows:
- Electric Scooter: Pay What You Wish
- Wheelchair: Complimentary
- Single Stroller: $6 (Members complimentary)
- Double Stroller: $9 (Members complimentary)
Noteworthy for all rental equipment:
- Quantities are limited.
- Rentals are on an unreserved, first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to demand, we are unable to guarantee availability.
- All rentals may be used for the duration of your visit, regardless of length.
- A valid photo ID is required.
Guidelines for Electric Scooters:
- Electric scooters are for mobility-challenged guests and may not be used as a recreational vehicle.
- Electric scooter training is required and restrictions do apply. A release form must be signed by the guest operating the scooter.
- Electric scooters are a single-person chair and only one trained guest is permitted to operate the vehicle.
- Riders must be 16 years of age to operate. A signature of a parent or guardian over 21 is required for riders 16-18 years of age.
Young children are not allow to operate or ride on the scooter.
- The maximum weight limit is 400 lbs.
- At the discretion of Longwood Gardens, scooters are not available during inclement weather or when the temperature is below 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In consideration of other visitors, rented scooters must be parked outside the GardenShop, Open Air Theatre, Peirce-du Pont House, and The Terrace when visiting those facilities.
- Electric scooters may not be driven in front of the Visitor Center or out to our parking lots.