Our rare corpse flower, Amorphophallus titanum (titan arum), is blooming now! Watch the livestream & plan your visit.
You are here
Wheelchair, Scooter, and Stroller Rentals
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for rental. Scooters and strollers are not available for rental during this phase. You are welcome to bring your own mobility devices. Shuttle service, including our Meadow Garden shuttle service, is not available.
Pricing for Members and guests is as follows:
- Electric Scooter: Pay What You Wish
- Wheelchair: Complimentary
- Single Stroller: $6 (Members complimentary)
- Double Stroller: $9 (Members complimentary)
Noteworthy for all rental equipment:
- Quantities are limited.
- Rentals are on an unreserved, first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to demand, we are unable to guarantee availability.
- All rentals may be used for the duration of your visit, regardless of length.
- A valid photo ID is required.
Guidelines for Electric Scooters:
- Electric scooters are for mobility-challenged guests and may not be used as a recreational vehicle.
- Electric scooter training is required and restrictions do apply. A release form must be signed by the guest operating the scooter.
- Electric scooters are a single-person chair and only one trained guest is permitted to operate the vehicle.
- Riders must be 16 years of age to operate. A signature of a parent or guardian over 21 is required for riders 16-18 years of age.
Young children are not allow to operate or ride on the scooter.
- The maximum weight limit is 400 lbs.
- At the discretion of Longwood Gardens, scooters are not available during inclement weather or when the temperature is below 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In consideration of other visitors, rented scooters must be parked outside the GardenShop, Open Air Theatre, Peirce-du Pont House, and The Terrace when visiting those facilities.
- Electric scooters may not be driven in front of the Visitor Center or out to our parking lots.