Botanical Art Sketchbook
Dates & Price
Saturday, January 14, 2023
8:00 am–12:00 pm
Inclement weather date: January 15, 2023
Fee for Innovators, Gardens Preferred, and Gardens Premium Members: $116
Fee includes all-day admission to the Gardens on the day of the class.
Registration ends on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Whether you’re a beginner artist or looking to add to your portfolio, learn how to develop a sketchbook practice and sharpen your observation skills during this insightful class.
Using materials from our Gardens, such as seed pods, bark, and cones, explore basic drawing techniques and how to create lifelike and botanically accurate sketches.
For practicing artists, we suggest that you bring your preferred materials. For beginners, our instructor recommends the following:
- 2 Micron pens (Black)
- 2 Graphite pencils (HB, 2B and or 4B)
- 1 eraser
- 1 high-quality sketchbook for mixed media or watercolor (Stillman & Bern -Zeta Series/Moleskine)
- If painting:
- Travel watercolor palette (if painting) with paint and
- Brushes (Kolinksy sable for best result, #4 long point watercolor brush)
- Small container for water
- If sketching: Colored pencils
The Terracotta Room in Longwood's Terrace Restaurant