Perennial Plant Conference
Date & Price
Friday, October 20, 2023
9:00 am–3:45 pm
Optional Reception (in-person only)
Location: Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College or Online
Conference Fee: $119 before September 22; $149 after September 22
Optional Reception Fee: $20
The Perennial Plant Conference was started in 1983 to bring together locally, nationally, and internationally recognized experts on perennials for a day-long conference with an educational focus. This year, delve into such topics as the ecology of perennial garden flowers, the effects that lawns and meadows have on the environment, and the best way to see your garden and its design with fresh eyes … among much more.
The 2023 conference schedule includes:
- Plant Paradise: Turning a Former Nursery into a Botanical Oasis—Summer Rayne Oakes
- The Ecology of Perennial Garden Flowers—Emily Erickson
- Turning Lawns into Meadows—Owen Wormser
- One Foot in the Past, One Foot in the Future: Management of 100+ Year Old Garden—Carol Long
- Cultivating Communities: Ecological Stewardship and Ethical Labor Management—Rashid Poulson
- The Perennially Globetrotting Gardener: In Search of the Best Plants and Design Inspiration—Karl Gercens
The 2023 conference is co-sponsored by Chanticleer, Longwood Gardens, The Hardy Plant Society/Mid-Atlantic Group, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, and The Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
LA CES credits are being sought and will be available to in-person attendees only.
For more information about this year’s conference speakers and the schedule of events, visit the Perennial Plant Conference website.