Self-Guided Group Visits
Reservations and advance payment are required. Please make a reservation a minimum of one week in advance of your group's visit. Groups arriving without a pre-arranged reservation will receive a $2 discount per person from General Admission prices, subject to availability. Please email the Group Visits office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610.388.5223 to make your reservation today.
Group Rates (15 or more ticketed guests)
|General Admission||Christmas Admission|
|Seniors (Ages 62+)||$18||$23|
|College Student (with valid ID)||$18||$23|
|Youth (Ages 5-18)||$9||$12|
|Children (Ages 4 & under)||Free||Free|
Plan Your Visit
Visiting Tips & Garden Etiquette
Your group should park personal vehicles in the main parking lot. For the safety of all guests, buses should park in our designated bus parking lot, and refrain from disembarking in front of the Visitor Center.
Group leaders should check-in at the Group Ticketing Window in the Visitor Center. Tickets will be given to the leader. The leader is responsible for the distribution of all tickets for all members of the group. Longwood cannot be held responsible for holding individual tickets for latecomers. Guests may come and go from the Gardens, we simply ask that all guests stamp their hand when exiting to re-enter later in the day.
There is a 5-minute orientation film that guests can enjoy. Our interactive map on our website helps enhance and guide your visit. Restrooms, wheelchair/electric scooter rentals, a mobile charging kiosk, and our GardenShop are also located inside the Visitor Center. Dining facilities are located a short 7-minute walk from the Visitor Center.
- Prices subject to change.
- A major credit card is required at the time of reservation.
- Final group count and payment is due one week prior to the date of your group's visit.
- Payment via check is accepted, but it must arrive in the Group Visits Office one week prior to the date of visit. We do not accept purchase orders as a form of payment.
- No exceptions will be made to this policy.
Complimentary admission is offered to each motor coach driver and tour operator in a group of 15 or more ticketed guests with an advance reservation.
Book Your Visit
Contact our Group Visits office at 610.388.5223 or email@example.com.
- Gift Cards
Groups may purchase Gift Cards to use in The Café and 1906. Gift Cards offer groups flexibility when dining at Longwood. Pre-loaded cards are available in varying amounts. Please factor in the number of Gift Cards needed, including Leaders and Bus Drivers.
- Picnic Area
We offer a Picnic Area located across the street from the main parking lot for Longwood visitors only, available seasonally (mid-April through early-October). Please note that picnicking or bringing in any outside food or beverages (except water) is not permitted in other areas of the Gardens.
- Explore the Region
The Brandywine Valley has so much to offer, visit a local restaurant to show your support of the region.
- Yuletide during A Longwood Christmas
Bring a group for an elegant luncheon or dinner in a private room during A Longwood Christmas. Groups of 25-65 guests may reserve the Terra Cotta Room for a 2-hour catered event at 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm, or 7:00 pm. Learn more.
Please note that private events are no longer offered during Garden hours, except during A Longwood Christmas. Use this link for answers to other Frequently Asked Questions regarding Private Events, Meetings, and Room Rentals.
Not a school group?
There are specific guidelines for self-guided youth visits.
Plan Your Visit
- A ratio of 1 chaperone to 5 children is required.
- All children must be with an adult chaperone at all times.
- All guests must observe Garden etiquette guidelines. Adult chaperones are responsible for communicating these guidelines to ensure the safety of all guests, exhibit and plant collections.
- If you plan on dining during your visit, you may eat in The Café or you must drive to our Picnic Area. We offer a Picnic Area located across the street from the main parking lot (2-minute drive) for Longwood visitors, available seasonally (mid-April through early-October). Please note that picnicking or bringing in any outside food or beverages (except water) is not permitted in other areas of the Gardens.
- Outside food is not permitted in the Gardens.
- In the event of rain and thunderstorms during any meal hour, please arrange for alternate plans for a dining location offsite.
- Longwood will not store any personal belongings, including, but not limited to coolers, backpacks, or lunches.
- All personal belongings must be left in buses or in personal vehicles.
Programming / Lessons
- Your program may not interfere with another guest’s experience.
- You may not perform other camp-related arts and crafts activities while onsite.
- Longwood must not be the primary location for your week-long external run camp.
- If children/campers are being dropped off by parents at the Gardens, an adult must be present at all times and the drop off location must be approved by Longwood.
- The phone number of the camp/field trip organizer chaperone must be provided to Longwood in the event we need to redirect questions from parents.