You are here
Guided Group Tours
Guided group tours are an excellent way to experience the garden legacy of our founder, Pierre S. du Pont. Reservations and advance payment are required. Please make a reservation 2–3 weeks in advance. Please email the Group Visits office at email@example.com, or call 610.388.5223 to make your reservation today.
The Longwood Story
During The Longwood Story Tour, you will explore the seasonal highlights of Longwood's diverse gardens while learning about our heritage and horticultural excellence. Designed to tell the story of how one man's vision turned Longwood into one of the great gardens of the world, this tour is perfect for first-time visitors and frequent guests alike. Our guided tours are available at 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm.
Guided Tour Rates (includes Gardens Admission)
|Non-peak Days||Peak Days (During the Christmas Season)|
|Seniors (Ages 62+)||$22||$26|
|College Student (with valid ID)||$22||$26|
|Youth (Ages 5-18)||$12||$14|
|Children (Ages 4 & under)||Free||Free|
- Prices subject to change.
- All guided tours require advance reservations and a minimum of 15 ticketed guests. Tours can be arranged for fewer than 15 guests, but the full fee for 15 will be charged.
- Reservations must be made 2–3 weeks in advance.
- A major credit card is required to hold your guided tour reservation. Refunds are given with one week notice, but cancellations must be made directly through the Group Visits Office.
- No exceptions will be made to this policy.
Peak and Non-Peak During the 2018–19 Christmas Season
- Peak Days are all Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays throughout A Longwood Christmas (November 22, 2018–January 6, 2019), and every day December 26, 2018–January 1, 2019.
- Non-Peak Days are Mondays–Thursdays throughout A Longwood Christmas, except December 26–27, 2018 and December 31, 2018–January 1, 2019.
Complimentary admission is offered to each motor coach driver and tour operator in a group of 15 or more ticketed guests with an advance reservation.
Please note that private events are no longer offered during Garden hours, except during A Longwood Christmas. Contact the Group Visits office at 610.388.5223 for more information.
- Gift Cards
Groups may purchase Gift Cards to use in The Café and 1906. Gift Cards offer groups flexibility when dining at Longwood. Pre-loaded cards are available in any amount. Please factor in the number of Gift Cards needed, including Tour Leaders and Bus Drivers.
- Picnic Area
We also offer a Picnic Area located across the street from the main parking lot for Longwood visitors only, available seasonally (mid-April through early-October). Please note that picnicking or bringing in any outside food or beverages (except water) is not permitted in other areas of the Gardens.
- Explore the Region
The Brandywine Valley has so much to offer, visit a local restaurant to show your support of the region.
- Yuletide Group Dining during A Longwood Christmas
Bring a group for an elegant luncheon or dinner in a private room during A Longwood Christmas. Groups of 25-65 guests may reserve the Terra Cotta Room for a 2-hour catered event at 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm, or 7:00 pm. Learn more.
The Group Visits Office Staff is available daily, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.