You are here
Applications are now closed. Please check back for future application dates.
The International Internship Program is open to students currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States or a student who has graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor program begin date.
The International Training Program is for individuals with a degree or professional certificate from a postsecondary academic institution outside the United States and at least 1 year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field in his or her home country or five years of work experience in his or her occupational field and who enters the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based training program in his or her specific occupational field.
Both programs provide nine months of practical experience for non U.S. citizens (individuals from abroad) who are at least 18 years of age and have an interest in Ornamental Horticulture, Education, Library Science, or Marketing and Public Relations.
All applicants to the International Programs must:
- Be an active and ambitious learner who will strive for efficiency and a high level of job performance
- Follow all supervisor instructions and Longwood safety procedures
- Demonstrate proficiency in English (a valid driver’s license written in English or an international driver’s license is preferred)
- Possess an independent nature and be willing to perform repetitive tasks, operate machinery, train in adverse weather conditions, and lift 50 lbs.
- Have health insurance—this can be acquired through Longwood Gardens but does not include dental or eye care