Welcome to Unearth It! Growing Minds
Growing Minds is the second project in the Unearth It! series and focuses on helping students in grades 9–12 develop knowledge, awareness, and skills in the realms of cultural history, leadership, and horticulture through an innovative curriculum-based project. Longwood Gardens worked collaboratively with Unionville-Chadds Ford School District (Kennett Square, PA), specifically Unionville High School, to develop and pilot this project.
Why bring Growing Minds to your school?
- Provides an exciting way to meet curriculum standards within your classroom.
- Promotes developing and enhancing research, inquiry, and problem-solving skills using a real-life connection.
- Links to careers in horticulture (STEM).
- Improves Social Emotional Learning through teamwork, presentation skills and connecting to the local community.
- Increases awareness of local history and Indigenous Peoples.