You are here
The Society of Fellows supports the continued development of leaders in public horticulture through a member-run network comprised of alumni from both the Longwood Graduate Program and Longwood Fellows Program.
Longwood Graduate Explores Ethnobotany in Mexico
Former Fellow Neil Gerlowski (’18) hosts Professional Horticulture graduate Emrys Stromberg (’19) as Stromberg researches the culinary and medicinal use of native Mexican flora by the Wixaritari indigenous peoples of Central Western Mexico. Also, pictured to the left of Gerlowski is Leonardo Campos, Vallarta Botanical Garden Staff Biologist, who received a Fellows Program scholarship two years ago.
Congratulations to our 2019 Society of Fellows Inductees
Sadie has returned to the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh, Scotland, where she has been promoted to Research and Collections Project Manager. Learn how Sadie is contributing to conservation efforts on an endangered conifer in Hong Kong.
Eleanor is Vice President of Horticulture and Landscapes at Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, MA.
Erin is Director of Guest Services at Holden Forests and Gardens in Cleveland, OH.
Chelsea is Head of Horticulture at High Glen Gardens in Frederick, MD.
Caroline is Vice President of Horticulture and Collections at Holden Forests and Gardens in Cleveland, OH.
“The more than 200 alumni of the Longwood Graduate Program and Longwood Fellows Program have become leaders in the public horticulture profession. These alumni form a global network of professional who are making a significant impact in the field.”
- Paul B. Redman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Longwood Gardens
- Karen Daubmann, Associate Vice President for Exhibitions and Public Engagement, The New York Botanical Garden
- Paul Meyer, (retired) F. Otto Haas Executive Director, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
- Aaron Steil, Assistant Director, Reiman Gardens and Lecturer, Dept. of Horticulture, Iowa State University
- Shannon Still, Director of Plant Conservation & Curator, UC Davis Arboretum & Public Garden
- Patrick MacRae, Director of Public Programs and Education, The Garden Conservancy
If you are an alumnus of the Longwood Graduate Program or Fellows Program and are not currently receiving e-mail updates regarding the SoF or if your contact information has changed, complete the form below.