The Longwood Grant for Title I Schools provides the opportunity for schools with 30% or more of the student population qualifying for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program to receive transportation reimbursement of up to $500 per bus when traveling to our Gardens for an educator-guided or self-guided field trip.
Students will also receive a return coupon for admission to the Gardens.
Applications may be completed after receiving a field trip date confirmation. Funds are limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
What the Title I Grant Includes:
Reimbursement for transportation costs of up to $500 per bus.
- Funds are limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Transportation reimbursement is available for “yellow” school buses only.
- All transportation reimbursements will be issued to the school or school district after the date of the visit.
- Longwood Gardens is not responsible for deposits or payments due before or on the date of your visit.
- We are not able to issue reimbursement checks to bus companies, third parties, or individuals.
- Reimbursement amount will be issued for the actual expense provided on the final invoice, up to a maximum of $500 per bus.
Return Coupons for the Students:
- Return coupons are valid through August 31, 2024, and may be used for up to five free general admission tickets with the student present.
- Return coupons are not valid for special ticketed events & have no cash value.
How To Apply:
- Fill out a reservation request form for an educator-guided or self-guided field trip. Check the box “We are a Title I School – please send more information about how to apply.” Additional information and the grant application will be emailed to you.
- Receive a field trip date confirmation for an educator-guided or self-guided field trip.
- Complete grant application.